The Bangladesh Psychological Association (BPA) is a premier organization formed with the aims and objectives of advancing the concepts of an academic discipline and as a professional organization that represents psychology in the Bangladesh. The BPA is to advance the creation, communication and application of psychological knowledge to benefit society and improve people’s lives. This Association (BPA) aspires to excel as a valuable, effective and influential organization advancing psychology.
The objectives of the Association shall be:
- To devise ways and means for the promotion of psychology as an academic discipline and as a profession.
- To lay down the academic standards and code of professional ethics for psychologists working is different areas in Bangladesh.
- To adopt, in the light of the spirit of the Liberation War, measures for applying psychology to the solution of individual and social problems and to the promotion of national objectives.
- To hold conferences, seminars, symposia and exhibitions from time to time.
- To render expert advice to the Government and other organisations on matters of national importance and encourage research in these areas.
- To enlist the support of the Government, public bodies, other organisations and private individuals for the efficient working of the Association and fulfillment of its objectives.
- To publish research papers and other matters of academic interest.
- To highlight the uses of Psychology in different walks of life and to approach the Government and other organisations to utilize the services of trained Psychologists.
- To collaborate with Psychological Associations and Societies of other countries and international Congress of Psychology for the advancement of Psychology as a science.
- To issue certificates of qualifications of Practicing Psychologists in the various applied fields of Psychology.